Minimum Flying Requirements
Minimum requirements only apply when meteorological conditions are mild and pilot is known to authorising instructor. In all other circumstances, requirements may be increased and/or checkflights required.
10 Flights in K21
5 Flights in Grob102 or similar.
Authorisation from Colin Watt, Ed Lockhart, Dave Bowtell, Bob Johnson or Malcolm George
Pre-flight briefing from Lasham instructor before 1st flight.
As for Local Flying plus
5 local flights in DPJ
5 hours total flight time in DPJ
Observed spot landing
Bronze C with Cross Country endorsement
Briefing with Lasham Instructor before each cross country flight until Silver 50km completed.
From end March 2017 12p per minute up to max of £18.00 (2.5 hrs) per per flight for U21, 20p/min for over 21 up to max of £30 a . ( Free after 6pm).
DPJ is intended primarily for developing the soaring skills of Lasham Youth (14-21 years old). DPJ is normally rigged and is parked in slot no.2 on the south side of the airfield. DPJ is provided with towing aids which are kept in the trailer. It is to be hoped that authorised pilots will co-operate with each other in preparing and, in particular, in cleaning and putting away glider.
- DPJ can only be flown by pilots authorised by Colin Watt, Ed Lockhart, Dave Bowtell or Malcolm George. List of authorised pilots is maintained on Lasham Youth website.
NOTE: DPJ is not a Lasham Glider, anyone flying without authorisation as detailed above is completely uninsured.
- Local soaring is limited to 2 hrs max. (unless booked- see below).
- If the glider has not been booked on a day, first arrival shall establish flying list and DI glider (Bronze C required) or arrange for DI. Other pilots may sign on as they arrive. Flying list shall be kept on clipboard in trailer. Only those present at Lasham may put their name on the flying list. First arrival has priority claim on the glider when conditions become soarable. Other pilots may fly circuits before that time. Pre-soaring flights shall be limited to 30 minutes. All pilots shall carry means of telling the time.
- DPJ may be booked for Cross country and Silver Duration flights. (NOT Heights). Bookings shall be made before 6pm previous day in advance, only one booking per week by the same person. Booked pilot has priority on their day, until the pilot has had two soaring flights (min. 15 mins. winch, 45 minutes aerotow). The glider shall then be handed on to other pilots wishing to fly. Booked pilots MUST turn up on their booked day, and enter details on flying list. If choosing not to fly, a note shall be left on the list to that effect.
PILOTS MUST HAVE NOMINATED RETRIEVE CREW BEFORE DEPARTURE ON CROSS COUNTRY. RETRIEVE CREW SHALL HAVE ACCESS TO A SUITABLE TOWING VEHICLE. NOTE: DPJ REQUIRES THREE PEOPLE FOR SAFE DE-RIGGING.
- Glider may be booked for competition or expedition purposes by discussion and agreement with Malcolm George or Dave Bowtell only.
- Last person flying is responsible for ensuring the glider is cleaned (washed if necessary), covers are put on and glider is properly secured, towing aids stowed etc. Parachute shall be returned to cupboard.
- Failure to do this will result in a minimum 4-week suspension of DPJ flying rights.
- Any problems or damage must be reported as soon as possible, preferably by text to 07989 893987 (Malcolm George) or (07770 523643) Dave Bowtell